Frequently Asked Questions
What is Synthetic Grass?
- Synthetic Grass (also known as artificial of fake grass or turf) is an environmentally friendly product that is manufactured to look just like real grass. There are several layers which make up the complete grass product.
- The Yarn - There are several types and colours of yarns that are used in the construction of our grass, the main two being : 1) Face Yarns (the prominent green yarn) 2) Thatch (a texturised curly yarn) which makes the face yarn stand proud and creates a natural look. Art-Official Synthetic Grass Perth (ASGP) uses Polyethylene (PE) and Polypropylene (PP) yarns. They are UV resistant and highly durable.
- The Backing - The Backing of the synthetic grass is manufactured using one or more layers of a fabric where the yarns are inserted. Art-Official Synthetic Grass Perth uses a combination of polypropylene plus mesh.
- The Coating - The coating is a type of bonding agent that is applied over the backing to hold the yarns in place. ASGP uses SBR Latex.
- The Infill - For residential installations we use a kiln dried sand infill to make it soft and shock absorbent. This also helps to make the yarns stand proud. For the sports grasses, a minimal amount of rubber infill can be used.
How Much Does Synthetic Grass Cost?
- Art-Official Synthetic Grass Perth provides a number of quality synthetic grasses including Australian Made, at different price points per square metre. Quality is based on the number of yarns (or blades of grass) per square centimetre. At Art-Official Synthetic Grass Perth we are confident we can provide you a high quality product without the exorbitant cost. Contact us to discuss your requirements and budget.
What is the Warranty Period on the Synthetic Grass?
- Our products have up to an 8 year manufacturer's warranty.
What Makes Art-Official Synthetic Grass Perth Different to other Synthetic Grass Products?
- Art-Official Synthetic Grass Perth has some of the best products on the market. We have undertaken extensive research into quality manufacturers and yarn suppliers. Our range of products have been successfully tested to Australian/New Zealand standards (AS/NZ/ISO 8124.3-2003) safety of plastic toys, part 3, bioavailability and AS 4439.3-1997, leach test. The combination of stringent testing we have carried out proves that our range is the best choice and safe for your family and pets.
- A superior line of Australian made and quality imported products, coupled with professional service makes Art-Official Synthetic Grass Perth the only choice for your home, business and recreational synthetic grass needs. There are various newcomers in the artificial lawn market but few that can offer the level of quality product and service that ASGP provides. Avoid the pain of a synthetic grass that does not last or look natural, requires continual maintenance and does not live up to claims of good drainage.
Where are the Best Places to Install Synthetic Grass?
- Art-Official Synthetic Grass is durable and versatile, you can install it just about anywhere. Below are some popular examples.
- Residential examples : Shady, wet, acidic, sandy, bare patches where grass will not grow, alfresco and lawn areas, pool surrounds, children’s play areas, penthouses, rooftops, verges, balconies
- Commercial examples : Verges, Customer waiting room, display areas and rooms, children’s play areas, staff break out areas
- Recreation, Community & Sports examples : All sports fields, cricket pitches, play grounds, schools and kindergartens, parks, exercise areas.
Does the Product Discolour or Fade Over Time?
- Art-Official Synthetic Grass has been UV and heat resistant tested by the CSIRO and no discolouration of fading was concluded for the expected lifespan of the grass.
Does the Grass Get Hot?
- In extreme hot climates, all synthetic grasses will experience warmth at some time. At Art-Official Synthetic Grass Perth we can suggest ways to lessen the warmth on your product.
How do I Maintain my Synthetic Grass?
- Maintenance on ASGP fake lawn is more a matter of keeping it clean than maintaining and mainly comprises of removing organic materials from the surface, typically by using a leaf blower. Rakes may be required for removing heavier objects; however, the leaf blower is the ideal tool for general upkeep. A stiff, natural bristle broom can be used to "fluff" high traffic areas.
How Does Water Drain Through the Synthetic Grass?
- Water drains through the grass the same it does natural grass. Art-Official Synthetic Grass has a drainage rate of 6 litres of water per square metre, per hour.
How is the Synthetic Grass Installed?
- First one of our experienced team members will provide a free measure and quote, noting preparation required (example, removal of hazardous vegetation, reticulation capping etc). The area will be cleared, site prepared, road base laid (for high traffic/vehicle areas), cracker dust laid and compacted, grass rolled, cut & installed to size, grass pinned and infilled. The grass is then power brushed to “fluff up” the new grass.
How Long Does the Installation Take?
- Different installations take different lengths of time depending on size and complexity of the installation. Please call Art-Official Synthetic Grass Perth to discuss your requirements.
Can I install the Product Myself?
- Installing Art-Official Synthetic Grass takes careful planning, preparation of grounds and time to ensure your grass looks and performs at its best. You can install the grass yourself however we strongly recommend having one of our professional installers do it for you.
Can I Drive or Park My Car on the Grass?
- When installing Art-Official Synthetic Grass in high traffic areas, or areas where vehicles are driving over the grass we first lay a heavy duty road base followed by a finer grade of cracker dust which is firmly compacted prior to the laying of the grass. Art-Official Synthetic Grass Perth abides by local government regulations to enhance street verges to specification.
Is Synthetic Grass Safe For My Pets?
- Yes! Art-Official Synthetic Grass is pet friendly. Advise us if you have pets and we can discuss with you the Art-Official Synthetic Grass Pet Fill (odour control) to assist with eliminating odours from pet urine. We also install a tamper proof edging if required to avoid any chewing and digging mishaps!
Is the Synthetic Grass Flammable?
- No, Art-Official Synthetic Grass is non-flammable.
Can UV Rays Damage the Product?
- The Art-Official Synthetic Grass Perth range has been successfully tested by CSIRO with results showing the highest possible UV ratings. The results after 1000 hours of UV exposure were that there was no discernible difference between the exposed and non-exposed samples.
How Does Synthetic Grass Affect My Property Value?
- Art-Official Synthetic Grass lawn has proven to increase property values as well as street appeal. Art-Official Synthetic Grass is aesthetically pleasing and a realistic looking synthetic grass.